On July 13, 2017, alongside the 2017 United Nations High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, Data2X hosted a panel session and breakfast reception, entitled “Why Gender Data is Critical for Achieving the SDGs”.
This event marked Data2X’s first significant foray into government and political engagement and launched the knowledge brief, Gender Data and the Sustainable Development Goals: Political Action Towards 2030.
The event opened with a video message by Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed.
- Salma Nims, Secretary-General of the National Commission for Women, Jordan
- Jane Sanyu Mpagi, Director of Gender and Community Development, Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development, Uganda
- Marie Ottosson, Assistant Director-General, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
- Papa Seck, Chief Statistician, UN Women
- Johannes Jütting, Manager, PARIS21
- Alison Holder, Director, Equal Measures 2030
- William (Bill) Hoffman, Head of Data-Driven Development, World Economic Forum